Drum Classes in Harrow, London
Bass drum technique is a critical part of drum kit playing and relies on precise technique that can be broken down into the following stages
- Place your foot on the bass pedal, covering the whole pedal
- Feel the bass pedal with your toes and always have your toes attached to the bass pedal
- Move the pedal with your toes leading the way; that is, push with your toes while your toes are in contact with the pedal
- Feel the beater, that is the part that connects with the bass drum, and with a light touch feel the way it moves with the tips of your toes.
- In much the same way as dancing, let the bass drum beater move while your toes lightly assist the flow
- Do not impede the movement of the bass beater by removing the toes from the pedal and jumping on the pedal.
Here is a video by Dave Weckl
Learn bass drum technique with West London Drum Tutor, Drum Lessons in Harrow, Greater London, UK
from west london drum tutor, drum tuition and lessons in Harrow, Hatch End, Harrow Wealdstone, Pinner, Headstone, Roxeth, Rayners Lane, Queensbury, Pinner North Harrow, South Harrow, Kenton, Belmont, Cannons Park, Green Hill, Harrow on the Hill, Ealing, Uxbridge, Stanmore, Edgware, Watford, Wembley, Hillingdon, Barnet, Hampstead, Rickmansworth, St. Johns Wood, Kilburn, Moorpark, Croxley, Northwood, Swiss Cottage, London, UK